2179 Hiwassee Rd Sweetwater TN 37874 us
In 1841, Washington R. Grubb purchased the land that is now our farm. In that same year his son Woodberry W. Grubb was born. Over the course of the next several years, he collected adjacent lands, creating a 600 acre tract on which he built his incredible three story brick home. In 1969, Washington Grubb deeded the entire place to his son "in love and affection" according to the original deed. Many local folks refer to our farm as the "Old Florida Place" because Lillie Florida was gifted the home and acreage by her father in 1894. However, we like to go back to the real beginning when the home was built and all the acreage was pieced together. We pay homage to the birth of the current farm and call our place "Woodberry Farm" as it is referred to in Lillie Florida's 1894 deed. These days, we and our three children occupy the original 1840's home and care for the land, creating warm family memories everyday. We strive to continue the legacy set into place so long ago.